How to make the most of your treatment
Not looking after yourself following a treatment, is a bit like visiting the dentist and not brushing your teeth between your next visit.
We really support you in making the most of your treatment with us, which means taking care of yourself before we see you again.
The more you can do, the greater the result!
Directly following a treatment it is advisable;
· Increase water intake following a treatment to assist the body in detoxification process.
· Allow yourself time to rest after the treatment to allow your body to heal and relax.
· Avoid consumptions of stimulants (Alcohol/ tea/ Coffee/ cigarettes as this will counteract the detoxification process.
· Eat a light meal to avoid toxins like processed foods, sugar and salts entering straight back into your body.
Possible contra-indicactions after a treatment are usually only minor and will usually pass within 24 hours, after which you will more than likely feel better within yourself.
The main reactions to be aware of are;
· Slight worsening of your symptoms
· Skin reaction
· Feeling irritable and restless
· Slight diarrhoea
· General sleepiness or feeling tired.
· Weepy/ emotional ( due to the release of tension)
· Increase in body temperature.
· Increase in urination..
These all fall part of what is known as a healing crisis,it is often short lived and is a by product of your system rebalancing its self. You can look forward to a greater sense of wellbeing afterwards. Side effects to look forward to could be feeling more relaxed and less stressed, an improved mood and sleep pattern and an increase in energy levels.
Of course, if any of the contra-actions last longer than 72 hours, or are particularly distressing, please do not hesitate to contact your therapist, as well as your GP for further advice.
Ultimately we want you to be able to live a happy, balanced and healthy life, where you are free to be who you want to be, and live the life you want to live. This is why we are always available for on going support via email, telephone, messenger etc.
Self care, and self love is an important process in achieving this, so please follow this link to read more about our top tips for looking after yourself and why it’s so important.
There are so many different tools and activities you can use, and it only has to start with one small change, which you can do today.
You just have to choose you!